Monday, August 8, 2011

I am (An Ode to The Goddess)

I am (An Ode to The Goddess)

I am the one that brought you into this life
I am the one that has the gift of sight
I am the one that creates a new
I am the one that can be a shrew
I am the one that is the wise
I am the one that brings the night
I am the one that feels the pain
I am the one that has no shame
I am the one that feels no remorse
For when those who hurt the most

I am the one who brings the rain
I am the one that gives life to the grain
I am the one that stirs the cauldron
I am the one that destroys out of bordom
I am the hand that feeds your body
I am the one that can be a tad bit naughty

I am a drop of dew on the leaves
I am a face between the trees
I am a light in the dark
I am the beautiful lark.
I am the face of the moon
I am the hurricane that can come too soon

I am the one in the sky
I am the one that can make your mind fly
I have a triple me
I make you bend on one knee
I am the one of justice and strength
I am the one you can give thanks.

I am the seer of all
Don't wander very far
Because I am the one you can call
Mother of all.

1 comment:

kerfuffle said...

This confused me at first. I thought it was grandiose. Then I realized, as an "ode," you probably can call it "You are," or "thou art." That is, an Ode *for* the Goddess -- as opposed to *from* the Goddess. Thanx for posting, please keep writing.