Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Solitary Witch

Why I am a solitary witch some may ask. Well it all started with stories of people who get into a coven and after a while is thrown into a drama infested world which sets me off to a whole new view of reason to stay where I am when it comes to my craft. In the community there is talk of some of the people that go off being snobby and self-centered. Even some elders in the community today seem not to want to bother with training newbies because in their minds eye, there is so much information about Paganism/Wicca/Druidry/etc. These are some stories that I heard so don't yell at me and note the word SOME. I went to a bookstore the other day and I seen so many books on one subjects. I get why some older people who have been in the craft longer then they can count, can tell someone to read stuff on certain subjects, but yet sometimes lack the understanding that young people look up to older people in the craft for more information other than what is in books. It does sadden me to think of this. Years and years ago when we didn't have so much information on these subjects we did look for teachers. I think that when it comes down to it young people turn away from covens and revert to solitary practice and online information of the craft because it's more handy than a “teacher” telling you to do your research before they can start you on the craft.

I have been pagan and a witch for 7 going on 8 years now and I have heard all the stories from people who turned to solitary work because of claims of misuse of authority and the mistrust of “teachers” who claim to be your only hope in learning the craft. Some times I wonder if I should start doing what others haven't and that is teaching others what the craft is all about, instead of all this nonsense and garbage yet I remain solitary.

Last reason why I am solitary is that I like to do things my own pace when it comes to learning about the craft. See I have aspergers and it's hard to learn with other people so the anxiety of a coven (crowds) will get the best of me. The level of anxiety of being in a crowded room has gotten better over the years but will not gone since I am a Aspie.

No comments: